Friday, March 14, 2008

Daily Haiku for the Last Two (2) Weeks

As the cloud of work
Settles over my full desk
I find a moment
To write quite a few
Haiku that I am remiss
in producing, so
here are several
little coupling matches for
you to read and to
Make up for those I
have missed in writing for you:
My stomach, it growls.
A coffee is not
a well-rounded breakfast, but
it's all that I ate.
Perhaps I will have
leftover PF Changs for
lunch this friday.
The sun is not out
So getting cancer is not
an option I have.
Maybe sit in my
car and listen to music?
I'll probably do that.
I have two song to
get through before Tuesday night
with criticism.
It's scary to be
sure, but appreciated.
Constructivism!
Sierra is in
town, which is super awesome.
Tomorrow? Omelettes!
And meat pies, oh dear!
Maybe we'll watch Sweeney Todd
as we eat the pies.
That sounds sick enough
to be appropriate for
a night with Britta.

Word(s) of the Day
pertinacious- (adj.) holding tenaciously to a purpose, a course of action, or opinion; resolute.
"Perry's persistent pertinaciousness plugged Pamela's post with pliable platitudes and persnippitiness."
sedulous- (adj.) diligent in application or attention; persevering; assiduous.
"Smarmily, Severus Snape's snivellingly sedulous snides and sneers smeared Harry's sustained celebrity."

Workweek Playlist, Vol. 5:
Out of commission for the time being.
Been busy with stuff 'n' things. Check back later.
When I post this again, you know.


No comments: