Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Roqblog No. 1

So a few months ago (to be precise, three months and twenty-five six days ago) I made a resolution to not let things pass me by. A little generic, yes. But I made it nonetheless. It all came into being as I realized that come this July I will have been back in the states for two years, TWO FUCKING YEARS that just flew right past me with little accomplishment or moments of regard.

That’s a lie. I met some really, really cool people in the past two years, taught actually valuable lessons to high school kids (“Never leave school, the real world sucks,” and “What should you do today? Stage a revolution, things are getting a little quiet around here.”), fulfilled a two separate life goals of working as a Camp Counselor (twice!), and as a Sandwich Artiste, closed a few lingering chapters of my life, and existed as a transient gypsy child completely against settling in any place for too long. Hell, I even signed a lease, bought a bed, found a “real” job and took out a loan on a new car.

So I guess that first paragraph is all bollocks, but whatever. THE POINT IS, the last two years have absolutely flown by me and that is disturbing. So I dared myself to do something I had always wanted to do (that is also a lie, it should read: Something I had been wanting to do since I was nine years old listening to Offspring’s “Smash” while roller-skating in my garage and knew I would always regret if I didn’t try) (Aren’t I enterprising?). I auditioned for a band. YAY ME. And guess what? Through no small feat of my sheer and overpowering AWESOMENESS (and the possibility of being the only person who didn’t outwardly suck balls or cancel on them) I am apparently the new (politically correct) front-person for said band. Pretty cool, no? Yeah, it is.

Even though I still feel like I’m only 74% their (politically correct) front-person (as the ever pressing fear of receiving the “you know what, nevermind” e-mail lingers in my nightmares), I am pretty happy about how things are playing out thus far. Finally I can sit around staring dreamily at the sky, siphoning creative inspiration into the inkwell of my writing pen, placing words and melodies to paper without feeling a demmed literary fool. Now when people say in a sneering leer, “What is that? Poetry?” I can cheerfully respond, “Nay, citizen. ‘Tis a storm of lyrical might that will be supported by musical euphonies your Neolithic cerebellum cannot possibly perceive as anything less than wonderful.”

It’s good to be me right now.

So, ANYWAYS, I’ve decided this will become a popular (re: POPULAR ‘cos I’m cool like that) topic of my blogular[1] writings. Sort of an “evolutionary metamorphosis of a band” type thing. It’ll probably be an on-going deal from time to time as long as the guys don’t kick me out (don’t kick me out, guys). Once we choose a name and start doing things I’ll probably rally to be the official blog writer on what will presumably be our so-fucking-kickass-your-tears-bleed-blood myspace page (rawr!). Till then, I’ll post here and there about rehearsals et whatnot. Scintillating, I know. KEEP POSTED!



[1] Heh. I just realized that if I was dyslexic, there would be the chance that I would misspell “blogular” as “globular”. Awesome.

No comments: