Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little bit o' the ol' Webwanderin'

Everyday my time at the desk is spent in a pleasant routine: Checking my work e-mail, responding should I happen to have inbox presents, overhearing the co-workers ramble (sometime joining in, other times religiously scribbling down what they say for further usage in my wonderment), and scanning Reddit for interesting tidbits from around the internets (thankfully, I have not yet reached the end of the internet and have therefore been able to avoid the blackhole that is 4chan...but I fear this time is nigh).

This last item tends to last sporadically throughout my morning until I routinely switch over to Digg to fill the hours post-lunch. It is during these Web 2.0 wanderings that I find some interesting things. In the vein of Whitney Matheson over at EW, I think I'll start sharing them.


Every little war matters
Ever see an interesting Billboard speaking it's message a little too loudly? Then chances are you've seen the work of the Billboard Liberation Front, attacking your visual orifices with quiet riots of the marketing sort. Here's a good'un:




For the mutants among us
People are fuckin' weird. 'Nuff said.


Consumerism- not just for the soulless anymore
Steve Olson, a blogger whose site I will assuredly begin visiting more often, has an interesting article up about an hour well spent in the Mall of America and the general vapidity and falsities of the products we as consumers crave. I'll admit it, I'm guilty of gazing up at the rail thin models in American Eagle and wishing I could don those low-rider jeans and floral tanktop as I wandered across a perpetually backlit meadow with a frozen vacant smile on my rosy lips. Instead, I suffer myself to don form flattering hipster jeans and a trusty ol' t-shirt as I stroll down a perpetually smog ridden concrete wonderland with a frozen sneer of "don't look at my iPod Mr. Scary Stranger" embedded in my dead, cold, fear-ridden eyes.

o__O

No comments: